Wednesday 20 January 2016

MEST4: Preliminary exercise planning

Statement of Intent: 

I plan to recreate the opening 30 seconds of "This is D.R.U.G.S", which is a short film presenting the psychological lows that a drug dependent faces. For my linked production piece I have decided to create a short film that has a strong moral/narrative. I have chosen to recreate this short film in particular, as it challenges the use of diegetic and non-diagetic sound (through the headphones) and has a range of close ups and long shots - elements that I will be incorporating in my short film. This will therefore allow me to have a taster of what I intend to do in my own film. In particular, the footage is highly edited with off-colour tints to accentuate the "junkie-like" aesthetic of the protagonist. 

Script/treatment

- There is no speech required in the footage, but there is sound that I will add in post-production. 

Storyboard


Examples from the film - 


Shot list
- Wide Angle Shot 
- Extreme Close up
- Medium Close up 
- Handheld Camera 
- Long Shot Mise-en-scene planning
- Side of the road, by shops: town area. 
- White headphones
- Shabby, ruff hoodie for clothing 

No comments:

Post a Comment