Friday 22 January 2016

MEST4 Preliminary exercise: evaluation

1) Why did you choose this particular recreation and how does it link to your main production?
I chose to use this particular clip to recreate as I was interested in the parallel sound used that reflects the erratic mindset that a "junkie" would be in, post consuming drugs. 
2) What difficulties did you face in producing this recreation?
We were limited for time, so the quality was hindered in terms of amounts of shots that we were able to take. I struggled with the lens technicality and how to produce perfect stills for each shot, so this is something that I will place close detail on, as I struggle with f numbers and iso, in outdoor locations.3) What are the strengths of the production?
The strengths include the editing and timing of each shot, alongside the effect that I was able to add to mirror the original clip - muddy/brown/blue aesthetic
4) What aspects would you look to improve?
I would look closely at camera quality and how to ensure that the stills are crisp and clean, mirroring the exemplar and professional quality. 
5) What lessons will you take from this process that will help you with your main production?
The fundamental area that I want to improve is the quality of my shots and the overall film that I wish to create - both outdoor and indoor video must be to a high standard. Also, time management to make sure that my actors are able to devote enough time to complete the whole product. 6) Now that you are ready to start your actual linked production, explain clearly what you will be creating and how confident you are in delivering this.
I will be creating a short film circulating around the narrative of drugs. I will consider finding somebody with an interesting story to create an autobiographical product. I want to create an arthouse/independent style product that has a strong moral/story driving the presentation of quirky and indie locations. 

No comments:

Post a Comment